Having a safe home is a luxury that many of us take for granted. From the fire alarm services that let us know if we are in any danger to the carbon monoxide that keeps track of the safety of the air that we breathe, there are many modern advantages that we know need to be a part of our daily lives. And whether you live in a home that is for a single family or you are residing in an apartment complex that houses many, it it is important to know that it is important to do everything within your power to keep yourself, your family, and your property as safe as possible.
Fortunately, fire protection companies offer a number of products that help people stay safe, not only where they live, but where they work as well. For this reason, fire installations are required before any residence can be put into use and before any workers are allowed to work in a factory, warehouse, hospital, or other place of employment.
Fire Alarm Services Help Protect People, Properties, and Possessions
With the implementation of the best fire alarm services and with the maintenance provided by fire alarm inspections, the homes where we live and the places where we work are safe places. And whether you are at home or work, or you are staying at a hospital, a hotel, or a university, it is important to know that you will be safe while you are awake, as well as when you are asleep.
Consider some of these important facts and figures about the many rules and regulations that are in place when it comes to fire alarm services and the necessary inspections that are needed to STAY SAFE:
- Small data centers that are below 2,500 square feet, are required to have the Early Warning Fire Detection systems that are now offered by many different fire services companies.
- The combination of automatic sprinklers and early warning systems in all buildings, according to some of the latest research, could reduce overall injuries, loss of life, and property damage by as much as 50%.
- Accounting for 19% of non-confined fires in hospitals, electrical malfunction are a threat in many parts of the country.
- Yearly inspections help companies stay in compliance with all of the rules and regulations. For instance, dry or possibly wet chemical systems in the area of fire operated in 81% of reported structure fires large enough to activate operational equipment, so it is essential that all of these systems are properly installed and inspected.
- Statistics show that in chemical systems, most surface burning and open flaming will stop when the concentration of CO2 in the air reaches approximately 20% or less.
- Areas with large commercial oven ranges that have non-chemical suppression systems operate effectively 96% of the time.
- Fires in warehouse properties have declined substantially over the past 30 years. In fact, the latest research indicates that the numbers dropped from 4,700 in the year 1980 to 1,200 by the year 2011.
- Estimates indicate that hotel and motel fires cause an estimated 15 deaths and 150 injuries every year.
Fire safety concerns are even more important when they are a part of a large establishment. Fire can quickly pose a threat to many spaces that are crowded with people of all ages. Having a way to contain any fire that does occur is essential to make sure that damages and losses are limited. There is an elaborate set of rules and regulations for fire safety. The implementation of these rules, of course, is a way to make sure that people, property, and possessions are as safe as possible. When ever a fire does break out it is important to know that there are sprinkler systems in place to limit the damage. Following an event, it is important to make sure that all of the circumstances that occurred are examined to understand what steps can be taken in the future to avoid other similar situations. In fact, it from previous fires in hotels, homes, hospitals, and other places where the current fire regulations are from. Staying safe must always be a priority, especially in buildings where many people work or live.