Jim Thomas, a gym consultant shares his top 10 rules for gym management success.
1. Make staff and people your number one investment
2. Hire top performers
3. Set up a to-do list for the next day
Attack problems right away
5. Become an expert in sales management
6. Work on the business plan
7. Know your numbers
8. Make a legitimate commitment to member service
9. Always make improvements
10. Spend half your time implementing sales and marketing
The most important tip for success is to focus on your people. Employees and the customers should be the number one priority in any gym. Software to manage a gym is a great way to put people first.
Gym software can help you manage member services, employees, and ensure you have the numbers you need for sales and marketing. This covers almost every tip Jim outlines.
A benefit to the use of gym software is the ability to run reports on members that are less active. Catching members that may be losing interest or moving to a new service will help you improve your member retention rate. If you paid to get someone to become a member don’t let them fall through the cracks.