You want to find a new home. You’ve done your research and you’ve found your dream home. Now you’re moving. You need to find a moving company. In 2017, a little more than 1 in 10 Americans moved. Moving services help homeowners move their households, and businesses in office relocation. However, there are things you can do–in addition to hiring a local mover–that will make your move easier on everyone.
Steps to an Easier Move
While researching moving services is a prudent thing to do before you hire a moving company, there are things you can do that will ease the stress of moving. Below are tips on how to make moving your home easier.
First things first.
- Get an estimate. Request an estimate from a local mover or, if you are moving out of state, from a long distance moving company. Reputable moving companies will schedule an appointment to assess your home or business and give you a written estimate free of charge.
- Use an app. Apps are a good way to be efficient and glean insights from others. For example, MyMove is a free app for your smartphone that will assist you…
- in finding moving services,
- with moving tips,
- in finding moving company reviews, and
- with interactive moving checklists.
Moving homes is a big deal. These tips will help you plan for making your move as painless as possible. Instead of stressing out, enjoy the excitement of moving into a new home. Plus, with the help of your moving service, you’ll be able to enjoy a tall glass of lemonade as they carry moving boxes and furniture into your new home.