When veteran journalist Tom Brokaw visited an MSNBC morning news show the Friday after the most most recent impeachment he summarized in a few words the difference in today’s world. No longer watching special bulletins that preempt regular programming, today’s news consumers now increasingly get their news from screens both large and small on their laptops and their cell phones. As the 24/7 news cycle has taken over so many channels, Brokaw explained, our nation now selects the round the clock news channel where they get their news. Increasingly from a platform with a specific agenda, today’s news is not the news that people received the last two times a U.S. President was impeached.
Interestingly enough, as the media celebrities talk about the some of the reasons why they find today’s news consumers suspect, it may seem somewhat contradictory that many, if not most, or today’s most popular journalists are doing the same.
No matter what side of the political spectrum you align with, there is no longer any way to deny the power if the internet and social media. And while the arguments about ethical use of these resources in politics may be never ending, it is important to realize the power of these platforms when they are used for marketing and advertising purposes. In fact, if your company is not making use of organic content, the latest website development tools, and other ways to interact with clients on at least a daily basis, you are missing out.
The Best Digital Marketing Agency Can Provide Powerful Search Engine Marketing Tips
At the other end of the spectrum, of course, is the young Swedish girl Greta Thunberg, an environmental climate change activist whose campaigning has gained international attention. She is known for her straightforward manner in urging immediate action to address what she describes as a crisis with the climate.
The latest research indicates that as many as 74% of brand marketers saw an increase in website traffic after investing only six hours a week in social media. And in a time when social media appears to be able to both shift political views and environmental action, it only makes sense that companies are doubling down on the use of search engine marketing tips and how they can increase sales and customer loyalty.
Did you know, for instance, that social media sites and blogs now reach nearly 80% of 10 U.S. internet users? This same static indicates that social media accounts for 23% of all time spent online. By harnessing the power of the best search engine marketing tips, companies both large and small can find a way to stay connected to current customers, as well as reach out to potential clients.
Consider some of these other facts and figures about the strengths of internet marketing techniques:
- As the nation’s 24/7 attachment to three phones continues, it certainly should come as no surprise that mobile devices account for 52% of all paid search clicks.
- Content marketing generates nearly three times as many leads as traditional outbound marketing, but costs as little as 62% less.
- Companies that blog and create organic content on a regular basis have 434% more indexed pages. And these companies with more indexed pages get significantly more leads.
- In addition, SEO leads have a 14.6% close rate, while, in comparison, outbound leads like direct mail or print advertising have a 1.7% close rate.
- The biggest challenge business to business (B2B) marketers face in regards to lead generation is generating high-quality leads, according to 61% of groups that were surveyed.
- As an indication of how valuable organic content can be, B2B companies that blog generate 67% more leads than those without blogs.
- While outbound leads like direct mail or print advertising only have a 1.7% close rate, SEO leads have a 14.6% close rate.
- Inbound leads cost 61% lower than outbound leads. For example, an inbound lead might be from SEO work. An outbound lead example might be from a cold call.
With the use of the latest search engine marketing tips and the combined use of social media strategies, many companies are able to connect to customers on a more frequent basis.