The food packaging industry continues to expand as consumers demand more accountability for the products that they purchase. From spice packaging to vegetable and fruit packaging, there are a number of ways that manufacturers are adapting their packaging to appeal to consumers and guarantee the safety of thee products.
Today’s packaging industry continues to look for ways to make sure that products are not only safely delivered, but also that the packaging itself makes less of an environmental impact. For instance, finding a way to recycle coffee bags with valves encourages companies to order products that send a positive green message to consumers.
Printed Vacuum Pouches Provide a Way for a Number of Products to be Economically Delivered to Both Wholesalers and Consumers
When it comes time to make purchases at the grocery store, there are a number of customers who consider the packaging of the products that they buy. From the marketing value to knowing that a company is making the best environmental decisions, there are a number of ways that packaging can influence a purchase.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the food packaging industry and the impact that it has on the economy of the nation:
- 78% of the tea that is consumed internationally is black, while only 20% is green tea. It is important that packaging clearly indicates what kind of tea is in a package.
- All competing to attract the attention of the consumer, the average American supermarket holds as many as 20,000 products.
- 40% of consumers indicate that they would share a photo of a product on social media if the packaging were interesting.
- 85% of shoppers indicate that their purchase decisions are informed by reading a product package while in the process of shopping.
- 62% of Americans indicate that they read product labels before making a purchase.
- Businesses that take the time to pay close attention to packaging have reported an increase of 30% in consumer interest.
From coffee bags with valves to the latest packaging strategies for protein powder bags, there are a number of ways that the food packaging industry is affecting the foods that we eat and the economy of the nation.