You took the back road home tonight to avoid a traffic jam. What you saw as you passed the back side of one of the man made beaches that was created from the river was not good. The beach which is usually full of RV’s and camping trailers this time of year is now completely empty. It is apparent that the crews are still trying to clean up all the destruction the spring flooding left behind. There is more construction equipment than campers, more stage cementing tools than people.
As many parts of the midwest continue to deal with the ramifications of the cyclone bomb that brought heavy rains and hail, as well as the resulting floods, it is important to realize that there are many times when engineers simply cannot achieve their goals until the waters recede.
Underground Conduits and Horizontal Drilling Are Part of Many Flood Relief Efforts
Whether you are looking to replace a composite deck or a an entire road, it is important to realize that there are many completions service tools that can help with these processes. It is impossible to do much of this work, however, when there is still lots of standing water. Fortunately, there are some downhole products and specialized drilling methods that can help people eliminate the water that is causing so much of the problem or delays.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the horizontal drilling industry and the impact that it has on the flood recovery of many areas, as well as the construction process in many places:
- Frac plugs are generally in the range from 22 to 30 inches in length.
- Frac plugs are also generally in the range from 4.5 to 5.5 inches in diameter, and 22 to 30 inches in length.
- Horizontal directional drilling is one of the most specialized methods for installing underground conduits with minimal damages to the surrounding environment.
- The global horizontal directional drilling market is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 13.2% from 2019 to 2025.
- The global horizontal directional drilling market size was valued at $7.37 billion in the year 2018.
From installing composite landing pads at a flooded playground to making sure that there is a way to drain standing water from a much larger space, there are many kinds of specialized machines that can help.