This is the time of year when the benefits of print services are as obvious as the political ads that fill our mailboxes on a daily basis. In fact, during a year when more people are registered to vote than any time in recent history, those benefits of print services might actually be driving you crazy. Even if all of these postcard size fliers are becoming a nuisance, the fact of the matter is that you are likely reading at least the name of the candidate before tossing the piece into the garbage. And this is what the candidates are hoping for: name recognition. If nothing else, the more times you see their name in print, the more likely you will be to vote for that person when you fill out your ballot.
When Was the Last Time You Had to Place a Bulk Printing Order?
Managed printing services companies offer a number of products, but their work is even more noticeable during certain times of the year, like election season and the beginning of new year. Both candidate fliers and calendars are popular printed projects that help both individuals and groups gain exposure. Although it is often the digital media that gets most of the attention in today’s world, there are a number of managed print services that are employed as well.
In addition to the actual printing of these items, print management companies offer mailing services as well. Eliminating the need for your own employees to to address and label the items that you wan to mail, in fact, is one of the main reasons that political campaigns value their business relationships with print management companies.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the various kinds of services that are offered by today’s most versatile print management companies:
- Even in this digital age, an average employee’s printing expenses can cost companies between $600 and $1,300 a year.
- Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Contracts Management, and Human Resources are the four departments or aspects of a company that benefit most from document management systems.
- Four weeks a year is the average of amount of time lost to waiting on misfiled, mislabeled, or untracked documents.
- Filing costs about $20 per document, and every misfiled document costs businesses $125 in lost productivity. For this reason, filing accounts for a significant amount of office debt.
- 15% of all paper documents are misplaced, according to the Gartner Group. Another 7.5% are lost completely.
- It has been estimated that each individual office worker in the U.S. uses about 10,000 sheets of paper per year.
Once a company realizes the many benefits of print services it is easier to justify spending part of the overall marketing budget on these non digital products.