This video discusses the pros and cons of opening your own salon. If you’re thinking about opening your own salon suites, this is a great video to watch.
A Few Pros
- Renting a hair salon space means that you’re not responsible for any maintenance or structural issues.
- Everything is included in your lease, so you don’t have to worry about paying multiple bills.
- Renting offers the flexibility to get comfortable in your business before making a huge financial commitment.
A Few Cons
- You may face some limitations due to your lease agreement. Be sure to get as much information about the lease before signing.
- If your salon studio is a part of a franchise, they may have their own rules for you to follow. For instance, you may be required to adhere to a brand aesthetic visually and musically.
- If you’re just starting out, your budget may not be able to accommodate an ideal location. Not all salon studios for rent are equal, so you may have to start off with a suite without a great view.
Opening your own salon suites is a great idea if you’re passionate about the industry and excited to share that passion with clients. The hair care industry is worth approximately $20 billion, so it’s a great business to get into. This video goes over the many pros and cons of opening such a business, particularly highlighting the benefits and drawbacks that beginners will experience.