School parking lots are about to get much busier. In fact, in many parts of the country, this is the last week of summer for teachers. Students in those same districts are looking at their last two weeks of the summer. As schools across the country get ready to open, their are many maintenance workers who are making sure that the parking lots are clean and ready to go. From band parents who attack a high school parking lot with dozens of brooms to make sure it is safe for marching band practice to districts that hire private parking lot cleaning services, it is important to make sure that lots are ready for students, teachers, and parents.
Street sweeper trucks are also very effective when they are used in both public and private parking lots. Loose gravel is a safety issue for both pedestrians and drivers. In addition, the trash and lawn chemicals that are in parking lots and on streets end up in the neighboring water and sewer systems if they are not cleaned up. Consider some of these other facts and figures about the many uses of parking lot sweeping services and other similar providers:
- Run off pollution from highways and roads includes pesticides and heavy metals, so it is important to make sure that these are taken care of before they end up in water ways.
- Runoff pollution is that associated with melting snow or rainwater that washes off bridges, roads, parking lots, rooftops, and other impermeable surfaces.
- The runoff from urbanized areas is the leading source of water quality impairments to surveyed estuaries, according to the most recent National Water Quality Inventory reports.
- Effective street sweeping programs can remove several tons of debris a year from city streets and can minimize pollutants in stormwater runoff.
- Parking space related pollution in the U.S. adds up to $4 billion to $20 billion in environmental and health damage costs a year.
- $42 billion of revenue is generated by the road and highway maintenance industry in the U.S.
Parking lot cleaning services can make school parking lots look as clean and ready for a new year as the inside of the building. In fact, the districts that pay attention to the details being certain that parking lots, sidewalks and other paths are clean show their tax payers that they are caring for the properties that serve the entire community. Popular in urban areas with high traffic, parking lot cleaning services clean and maintain the street.