You may not know it, but as you through the hustle and bustle of everyday life you’re exposed to more than 3,000 ads, promotional messages and signs every day as you watch TV, drive by billboards, pass by signs for churches and leaf through the morning paper.
This isn’t by accident. People want to get your attention. It doesn’t matter if you’re talking about businesses, churches, well-wishers and everyone else in between: they all want to catch your eye and the numbers back up the effectiveness of signage and ads.
- 58% of poll respondents learned about a restaurant they later visited from a billboard they saw while in their car.
- 58% of respondents also learned about an event they were interested in attending from a billboard.
- Studies show that adding a custom sign or changing a sign can directly improve sales revenue. In fact, replacing a store font wall sign with a larger sign increases revenue by 7.7%.
- 71% of people often look at the messages on roadside billboards (both traditional and digital).
- More than a third of people report looking at an outdoor ad each time or most of time they pass one.
- 32% of poll respondents visited a retailer they saw on a billboard later that week.
If you’re looking to get your group or company’s message out to the masses: LED lights and LED signage can do just that. Where LED lighting was once considered a trend, it is now fast become the lighting standard in many industries. With continued use of LEDs, both residents and companies will likely save big bucks on their energy bills in the future.
When using LED lights, the benefits are numerous:
- Long Life: Whether you’re talking about signs for churches or storefront signage, LED lighting is a worthwhile investment. A typical LED bulb has approximately 50,000 hours of life, they shine brighter and you can install them and never have to worry about them. This will save time and a lot of frustration you get from traditional light bulbs.
- Saving energy: If you’re eco-minded as an individual or your business is trying to be more eco-friendly, LED lights save a lot of energy. They last long and will help you lower your utility payments at home and help your company cut back on their energy use as well.
- Shining bright: Whether you’re replacing home lighting or lighting in signs for churches, you want the lights shining bright. LED lights convert nearly 100% of energy into light, compared to about 10% for your (now) old-fashioned light bulb.
- Durability: Not only are LED bulbs longer lasting and brighter shining, they aren’t made of glass, which means they’re going to hold up over time and are easier to install.
- Low heat: The typical incandescent light bulb converts 90% of energy to heat with an emission of 85 btu/hour. On the flip side, an LED bulb converts 80% of energy to light rather than heat and emits 3.4 btu/hour. That means less heat is emitted and you save money in the process.
- LED lights are eco-friendly. As previously mentioned, LED lightbulbs are very eco-friendly. In fact, if every U.S. citizen exchanged one traditional light bulb with an Energy Star LED, it would equate to removing the emissions for more than 640,000 cars. That’s offering a lot of help to the environment.
When it comes to making a custom sign, LED lights can help. A marquee custom sign is a great way for schools to get out important announcements for things like parent-teacher conferences and school breaks. The same can be said for signs for churches, where LED lights can help remind churchgoers of important dates and important lessons from the Bible to think about in everyday life.
However they’re being used, LEDs are environmentally safe, long lasting and are easily controlled in all kinds of weather. LEDs and LED signs can be very beneficial in school signs, church signs, signs for government, municipal signs and just about anywhere else you’re looking to draw people’s attention.