There are more and more ways to get the word out about what you do and the products you sell. If you are looking to expand your online presence by talking to digital marketing companies, there are some things you can do to make sure you get the right online marketing for your needs.
- Spend some time working out what you need. Most companies now see the value in having a robust online marketing strategy but a number do not start the process by making any kind of real plan. It has been estimated that about half of all companies who use digital marketing companies do not take the time to develop a plan to get them where they need to do. Therefore, your first step should to think about what you need your new digital marketing team to do for you and your brand. It is nearly impossible for any company to get you what you want (and need) if you do not even really know what that is.
- Look to digital marketing companies with the right skill set. You may find some great companies that would would like to hire but do they meet your needs? Not all digital marketing companies are the same. If you are looking to expand your business in a certain area, you need to make sure your digital marketing services can help. You should look also look at their experience in your industry. If you are a medical supply company, you will have very different needs than that of a restaurant chain or grocery delivery company.
- Look over their portfolio. When you are talking to different digital marketing agencies, you should be able to get a look at work they have done recently. This kind of work does not age well. Having a great success even five years ago means nothing today. The world of digital marketing is changing all of the time and you need a company that is able to keep up with the changing environment and thrive in it.
- Look at how much they are going to charge you. This should be a factor in your decision when you are looking at hiring digital marketing companies but should not be your only consideration. Look at what they offer for the price and remember that the most expensive company you may not give you the best service and the cheapest may end up costing you more in the long run. Just be clear on what they can deliver and how much they are going to charge for that.
- Pay attention to the questions they ask you. Even if they are totally familiar with your industry and have done a lot of work in your area, your business needs are still fairly unique to you. You want the digital marketing companies, that you are talking to and considering hiring, spend a decent amount of time talking to you and your staff and learning about your needs. This will help make sure they can be as helpful to you as possible but it also helps you weed out the companies who are just giving lip service to caring about your needs.
- Be clear about what you need. When you are working with a digital marketing company, you may have to really work to make sure you are both on the same page. It is easy to think that everyone is working on the same goal and from the hymnal but then learn you think one thing and they are thinking another. Communication between you and your digital marketing team needs to happen all of the time but the more specific you can be about what social media deliverables you are expecting and what you want to see happen, the better the results will be for everyone involved.
For a great many people, the work digital marketing is a strange and crazy place. The good news is that it really is not. Nor is it rocket science. You should work with the digital marketing pros, you should learn about the process so that it does not remain so foreign to you. This can help you see the value in it.